Welcome to my blog page

Thursday, October 30, 2008

hangin' in there



Well, I thought I would be posting a follow-up blog much sooner than this, but as my luck would turn out, instead of needing a simple fiberglass cast I had to get my poor little scaphoid bone surger-ied! They had to screw the bone together and then put in pins to hold it in place--I don't know about you but there is just something unsettling about having metal in my arm. The surgery itself wasn't all that bad because they gave me some powerful drugs that did a great job of knocking me out--so much that I had no control over my left arm for a day (I even hit myself in the head with my cast a couple times!) I have been ordered to stay home and do nothing for 2 weeks!!! Can you imagine? I'm starting to go nuts---I have to take medicine that makes me go to lala land, and do everything right handed. Here is a list of some things that are hard with one hand:

getting dressed
taking a bath
doing my hair
using a zipper
opening peanut butter
opening anything
playing cards
cooking/cleaning (can't say I mind)
playing wii
cutting food
Typing!!
& lots more

anyhoo, my blogging will resume once i am feeling a wee bit better. notice the pics of a good scaphoid bone, and a screwed one like mine!

No comments: